Where do I find the road restrictions?

When logged into LoadPass, from the Help Menu, select About the Program, then under Quicklinks, select Restricted Road Map. If there is a colored line on the road you want to travel, click on it and it will tell you the restricted road level.

When entering a Route, what  ‘Restriction’ level do I choose when the road shows no restriction on the Restricted Road Map?

If there is not a colored-clickable line on the road you will be traveling, choose ‘By Legal Weight 80,000 – 105500 for your restriction.

How do I know if I am traveling on a township, county or city road?

On the Restricted Road Map, view the legend to determine what the color-code is for the road you are traveling. The legend can be found at the top right-hand corner of the map.

How do I know what township I am in?

On the Restricted Road Map, zoom in far enough to see Township borders lined in a light green color and the title of that township in a bolder green color.

How do I find out what the restriction is for township roads?

On the Restricted Road Map, zoom in to see the township road you will be traveling. If there is a bold colored line on it, click it and it will give you the restriction. If there is no colored-clickable line then you would choose, By Legal weight 80,000 – 105500 as your restriction for that road.

How do I know who to contact for township approval?

In LoadPass, on the permit form Route Page, you will list the road type as ‘township’, select the county, choose the township, on the township approval field, there will be a button titled 'View Township Contacts' for you to select to view the contact information.

Can I get apply for permits on the weekend?

Yes. You can apply for permits at loadpasspermits.com 24 hours a day - 7 days a week. However, if your permit requires approval from the county, it may take longer on the weekends to get your permit approved. Be sure to submit permits accordingly.

Who do I contact in the county that I am traveling in?

In LoadPass, select the Help menu item in your account, select County Contacts.

Can I extend the date on my permit?

Contact the permit team @ 701-566-5576 to request date changes or extensions.

Can I use my permit for divisible loads

Trip Permits are for Non-divisible loads only. However, there are a few permits that will allow divisible load travel on county/township roads, as long as the county that you are traveling in participates in those particular permits. Those permits are: Harvest Permit; Wintertime Permit; and Frost Permit. Not all counties participate in these permit applications.

How do I resubmit my permit that was returned to me for changes?

When a permit has been returned to you for changes, you will see it listed in your pending folder of your dashboard. Select the permit number to open the permit. Select ‘Edit’ - Scroll down to the section that needs to be changed-select edit-make the requested change(s)-update-select next-scroll down to the comments box-add comment-select resubmit changes. The permit will then be resubmitted to the county(s) for approval.

What is the difference between a trip permit and a rig move permit?

A Rig Move Permit is a permit granting permission to move a drilling rig within that participating county. A Trip Permit is a permit to move an individual load. For example, a work-over rig; a fixed load hauled on a truck and trailer; or any type of equipment that is being roaded, would need to apply for a trip permit.

• FAQs